There’s Never Been a Better Time for a Startup
Metro Detroit is in the midst of an economic renaissance even though it’s no secret that many major areas of the Tri-County area experienced a depressed economy in recent years.
There’s a reason Detroit is dubbed “America’s Comeback City” – the city always rebounds. And, in the midst of an awakening economy, great startups and enterprises are born.
EntryPoint, a leading Detroit entrepreneurial organization, highlighted a few facts about startups in its 2018 Detroit Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Report:
- Detroit venture-backed startups have experienced a 54% increase since 2014.
- One-quarter of high tech startups in Michigan are located in Detroit.
- Three industries dominate new startups in The Motor City: information technology, mobility-related services, and business services, respectively.
Depending on your industry, you could face stiff competition. The startup culture in Detroit is the most robust it’s been in years. Executive coaching for your Detroit startup can empower you to be the best in your field.
What Can Executive Coaching Do For Your Detroit Business?
Simply put, it has the potential to light a fire under your business and propel it to new heights.
Up to 40% of Fortune 500 companies have utilized the services of an executive coach. Startup CEO coaching would put you in the company of corporate giants like FCA, IBM, JP Morgan, Ebay, Merrill Lynch, Pfizer, and others.
Executive coaching doesn’t just benefit your business. It benefits you as a leader. There’s the old saying that some leaders are just born great. While that’s true for some, it’s also true that many of them had help along the way.
Business coaching offers easy wins for new executives
- Helps to generate a plan for your business. To grow your business, a plan outlining clear-cut goals needs to be developed. However, when you’re busy running your business, that’s easier said than done. Business coaching holds you accountable, helping to prioritize your goals. Managing those goals ensures that each one comes to fruition. The mentorship provided by an effective coach can’t be overstated. It could mean the difference between just running a business and achieving exactly what you envision in the process. Perhaps you want to join the ranks of the other Fortune 500 companies who’ve used coaching services to maximize their success. An executive coach can help you identify your goals and make them happen.
- Offers you an unbiased view of your startup. You’re likely quite emotional where your startup is concerned. You’ve invested all of your time, energy, and money towards your Detroit business. This kind of commitment makes it hard to view your business without a lot of emotion that can obstruct the way things really look from the outside. A business coach is able to come into your business and visualize things as they really are. An expert can also identify risks to your business as well as unidentified talent that could bring more to your business. This kind of evaluation can offer a valuable perspective in terms of improving your business and the culture which is so important to improving productivity for the greater good.
- Improves relationships within your enterprise. Lack of teamwork can impede the success of your startup. Key members of your team must work cohesively for your startup to thrive. Newer teams often face the greatest risks of imploding from the inside out. This can limit productivity and stall the forward motion of your startup business. An executive coach can help to improve interactions among your employees, which can also improve morale. These things will motive your workforce to be more productive and help your startup achieve the level of success you envision.
- Gives you the tools you need to be the best at what you do. Executive coaching redirects the focus back on you – the executive. A coach can objectively point out your strengths and weaknesses. This can help you use your strengths to your advantage. At the same time, an executive coach can advise you on how to improve your skills as a leader. Startup CEO coaching can help you lead your startup to success year after year.
If you want to effectively grow as a leader, consider hiring an experienced executive coach. Stanislaw Collaborative Transformations can help to develop an executive coaching program that will empower you to be the best you can be for your team. The guidance offered at all levels can be critical to the success of your business.
We understand the human dynamics at play and will give you the tools you need to propel your business to the next level of success. Contact us today to learn more about how you can raise your leadership capacity as you grow your Detroit startup.